What is PIIE Certification?
Downloadable Forms and Documents
GFR Self-Assessment Test
Reimon Gene Therence V. Doblon from Cavite City was inducted as a Professional Industrial Engineer by PIIE Founding Chairman and Honorary Fellow Mr. Rodel Emmanuel Adiviso, PIE, ASEAN Eng., last September 29, 2015 at PIIE Board Room, Makati, Philippines.read more
What is PIIE Certification?
IE Certification is a voluntary process, which validates an individual's qualifications in the field of industrial engineering (IE) professional practice.
It demonstrates to employers, clients, and peers the individual's knowledge and experience and signifies his or her commitment to continued excellence in IE professional practice.
In addition, it increases visibility, builds credibility, and validates expertise with those outside the profession.
The IE Practitioner
A practitioner is defined as an individual who has:
- A mastery of basic industrial engineering knowledge
- A command of the methodologies used by industrial engineers in applying that knowledge to the design of a product, process, or environment; and
- Has applied his or her knowledge to the analysis, design, test, implementation and evaluation of products, processes, and environments.
Why Get Certified?
Mark of a professional
- Help promote a clearer public awareness and understanding of the role of the IEs in society, and to aid in ensuring that fellow IEs perform their services in a manner which recognizes as paramount public health and safety
- Employers look to licensure or certification in evaluating the advancement potential of employees
Enhanced status in the eyes of the public
- Equates the industrial engineer with other professionals licensed in other fields.
- Assurance that the individual IE has passed at least a minimum screen of competence.
Adds credibility and respect
- It polishes oneís reputation as a qualified industrial engineer
Level 1 The Certified Industrial Engineering (CIE)
- The CIE is the designation for associate practice.
- The criteria for CIE certification are:
- An Active PIIE member
- A Filipino citizen
- A bachelorís degree in Industrial Engineering from CHED-recognized school/university with an accredited B.S.I.E. program or an internationally accredited program
- A passing score on the CIE written examination on IE Core Knowledge.
- The CIE applies a general breadth of knowledge to analysis and evaluation. He should exhibit the minimum standards of competency for Industrial Engineering practice. The scope of practice for the CIE is limited to the use of commonly accepted tools and techniques for the analysis and enhancement of performance in existing systems.
Level 2 The Professional IE (PIE) under Portfolio Review
The PIE applies and develops methodologies for analyzing, designing, testing, and evaluating systems. The professional practitioner addresses complex problems and advances industrial engineering technologies and methods in his/her area of specialization.
Areas of Specialization: Production & Manufacturing Systems, Operations Research, Human Factors and Ergonomics, and Quality Engineering among others
Renewable every three years
- The PIE is the designation for professional practice.
- The criteria for PIE certification are:
- Filipino citizen/ naturalized (NSO certified)
- 7yrs of IE work experience
- Testimonial of major IE work experience
Areas of Specialization
- Production & Manufacturing Systems
- Operations Research
- Quality Engineering
- Human Factors and Ergonomics
- Service & Management Systems
- Supply-Chain Management/Logistics